Oakmont Diabetes Wellness Program
Customized to Your Needs
Your personalized diabetes wellness plan will be tailored to your medical needs and the type of assistance you desire.
Diabetic Friendly Cuisine
Our Executive Chef offers a customized menu that will meet both your health needs and your culinary expectations.
Fitness and Wellness Classes and Activities
Our Activity Director will do a complimentary fitness consultation and design a program just for you. Our onsite fitness activities include yoga, tai-chi, light aerobics, walking club, strength training and more.
Diabetes Support Group
This support group allows residents and their family members to share their experiences living with diabetes and provide encouragement and support to others.
Licensed nurses with specialized diabetes training are available 7 days a week to monitor residents’ signs and symptoms and deliver care, including:
- Insulin administration
- Sliding scale insulin dosing
- Medication management
- Fingersticks, glucometer readings, and documentation of glucose levels
- Weight monitoring
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Daily evaluation of diabetes signs and symptoms
- Routine monitoring of ongoing condition and communication with physician